I'm not a part of this swap, but liked the questionnaire. I have replaced "dishcloth" with more applicable terms where necessary:
Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire:
1. Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?
I taught myself how to crochet three or four years ago, but haven't done much with it. I would have to pull out my booklet to guide through making anything. I taught myself how to knit a year and a half ago, but only really got into it last fall. I am addicted.
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle/hook?
My grandmother gave me all of her spare needles, so I mostly knit on old English aluminums. I also like bamboo, and would love to try wooden needles.
3. What are your favourite types of yarn? Any you just can't stand?
I love natural fibers: wool, merino, alpaca.. I would love to try camel and bamboo. I am not a fan of synthetics, but will tolerate a blend if it is washable. I really dislike novelty yarns and anything that squeaks and looks cheap.
4. When it comes to yarn, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't?
I am still so new to knitting that I feel like I have barely tried anything! I would love to buy more yarn from small companies, or individuals, especially in Canada.
5. When you make knitted items, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts?
I think it is pretty balanced at the moment. I have a whole queue of projects I love that I am trying to work through; some items are for myself, but I am always working on at least one gift.
6. Do you have a favourite colour? Any that you dislike?
I like blues, especially deep ones. I wear a lot of black; refuse to wear pink except on my undies or socks. I like all colours, really, but some reds/oranges/yellows don't suit my complexion.
7. What colour(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in?
Well my current residence is not a place I am investing money in, as I hope to buy a home next summer. I'd like a blueish-grey walls with white accents for the bathroom. Kitchen would depend on the layout and lighting -- anything from bright red to warm cream.
8. What are your favourite scents around the house?
Citrus -- grapefruit, orange, tangerine.
9. What is your very favourite thing about summer?
Flowers and grass and leaves on the trees. Birdsong.
10. What is your least favourite thing about summer?
Smelly, grumpy people on suffocating buses and metros.
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower?
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath?
Again, citrus. Also, mango, strawberry, raspberry.
13. What is your favourite stitch pattern?
I will always love seed stitch, but don't have a favourite. I'd really love a stitch dictionary; virtual is okay, but a book would be a dream!
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? Sweet or Salty?
Both! I like to snack on almonds or cashews, but absolutely LOVE candy: red licorice, vanilla Clodhoppers, sour rings.. I eat a lot of fruit though. It's cheaper than candy.
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather?
Oh, I stay inside my nice cool home and sip tasty beverages. I always keep a drinking glass in the freezer so that my milk or juice can be extra cold when I drink it.
16. What sorts of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting?
I like to sew, and am anxiously awaiting a home where I can have a garden (currently have 0 lawn, not even a balcony or rooftop!). I spend a lot of my free time reading. When I knit, I like to watch funny shows like "Dog Bites Man," "King of the Hill" or "Home Movies."
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!)
I don't have enough space for collectibles!
18. Are you on Ravelry? If so, share your ID!
Yes, it is a great a resource for free patterns! I rarely use the yarn recommended in the patterns I knit, so the yarn index list helps me find a comparable substitute.
My username is loveasaverb
19. Do you have any allergies?
20. Do you have any pets?
I have a wonderful American Staffordshire who I would love to brag about, but I'll save you the agony and just say she is the most affectionate, clever, and well-behaved dog I've ever met. We also have a Persian cat who is older than I am (she is 24 and going strong!). She really has character and interrupts conversations to meow at me.