Saturday, July 19, 2008

A promise that pictures will come soon:

I have been quite productive! In two nights, I knit myself a turquoise shrug, based on Julia Allen's "Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet." I washed it and set it to block yesterday and it should be dry by tonight. The yarn (same as I'm using for Mrs. Darcy) is absolutely beautiful -- I love the colour and the sqooshiness of the wool. Knitters, you do know what I mean when I talk about "sqooshiness," right? The wool felt a bit scratchy when I tried it on, but the wash should have softened it up.

I don't think I've ever knit anything so quickly! Two nights! It didn't even make it onto my "on the needles" list in the sidebar. I also basically re-wrote the pattern, as I decided it would be quicker if I knit the shrug with double-stranded yarn. I will post my instructions once I have some pics; they will hopefully be useful to anyone else wanting to make a size small with double-stranded yarn.


The scarf that I am making for my brother's birthday gift is close to being done.. Well, the knitting at least -- then I have to weave in all those ends. Ugh. I did about.. seven stripes (so, fourteen ends) last night before I got fed up. The ends sometimes poke out of the scarf that I made the bf last year, so I might need to re-evaluate my technique.. That's one of the downsides of being a self-taught knitter: I'm not always sure if there is a better way to do something. Well, practice makes perfect! And I suppose I could get off my butt and try to make to a social gathering -- there are a few knit nights that take place fairly close by, but they never seem very convenient.

No comments: