Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just a quick note to update you on what I am working on right now:

The Mrs. Darcy cardigan has been given a bit of a rest -- I need to do some frogging and calculating for it, and really don't have the mental energy (or inclination) to work on it right now. I am hoping to complete it by late summer/early autumn, but that will depend on my work situation.

The Hush-Hush Royal Flush project is coming along well, but holy moly it is slow going! My deadline is late August, so I still have plenty of time for it. The yarn is so so lovely; I am really glad that I grabbed two skeins of hand-dyed yarn from Tanis Fiber Arts.

Last week I picked up some yarn for a quick project. My brother requested a scarf, so I decided to knit one for his birthday gift. Yes, his birthday is in August, but he goes to University on the other side of the country. Thia way, he will have the scarf when it starts getting chilly. I wanted it to be inexpensive and washable (boys are messy, you know!) so I grabbed a few skeins of acrylic. Here are the colours:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find four appropriate colours of the same brand, so one of the skeins is a bit thicker. It affects the width of the scarf ever-so-slightly, so the stripes are narrowest for that yarn.


More to come!

No comments: